Tuesday, July 10, 2012

And We're Back!

It's about time for a new post! Sometimes I wait until I feel really inspired to write about something... this is not one of those times. I just feel like talking about what's going on in my life.

I moved up to Provo! I forgot how things were up here though. I got quite a shock as I went to FHE in my first single's ward back from the mission. The guy who said the opening prayer asked that many people would be asked out on dates... crickets... a few giggles... I just felt awkward as I shut my eyes tighter and tried to pretend I wasn't there. Oh, BYU!

On the other hand, I was so lucky to move into an apartment with some wonderful girls! I have loved every second that I've had with them! I sure did get blessed on this one!

I won't lie. I miss my friends. The ones in Cedar, others in Logan, and a lot sprinkled around the world spreading the good news of the gospel. It's hard feeling like I am starting from scratch... but what does that really mean anyway? You might not have a complete strawberry cream cake but at least you have the basics to start out with like having eggs and flour. I have nice people around, good roommates and little by little you make that into a delicious confection. A double chocolate fudge isn't the same things but it sure is tasty!


My motto has been forward with faith these last few weeks. I want to keep heading in the right direction. It'll all turn out just right.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh no way I am in the same boat right now. I Just made my first big move from home (Orem) to Logan for school and am starting from scratch (so to speak:))I am actually living with a certain sister that you were with in Alabama and it is wonderful I'm kind of bias as well though. I loved that you said that you want to keep heading in the right direction because I feel that I am as well but I need to move forward with faith with this direction as there are uncertain times while in that desiccation. thanks for the post it is always great to read about other RM's lives at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey no problem! Good to hear it isn't just me! Good luck with everything!

      Delete