Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's NOT my birthday... but I cried anyway...

I bawled today.


Nothing personal. Really. That 's probably why I cried.


I went to a fireside tonight that was... interesting. I came home grabbed The Mountain of the Lord and went down to my room to watch it. I forgot the popcorn though! Anyways... it was great. Afterwards I decided to watch a few "Mormon Messages" to you know, put the cherry on the top. 


That's when I realized that the Atlantic Ocean was slowly entering my room. The tides crept up and wham! There was water everywhere! How embarrassing. I know. Well maybe not. I was touched by all of the stories of people who I have never met but have so much to deal with in life. I thought about their situations and listened to their stories and then I cried. Funny thing about all of this is that I've seen all of them before.


It really touched me to see the faith and devotion that people have in the Savior. Because a lot of people don't have that in their lives. During Sacrament, I pondered on how we can make the gospel and Him a more important part of our lives. I know that it's important but how can we make it part of our every day lives and give it the importance that it deserves? Sometimes we don't think twice about going to church and the real reasons. I then thought of John 7:17. If you want to know why it's important then you have got to try it out and THEN you'll see why. That's how it becomes a reality in our lives- by living everyday what we believe. That's how those people got through their challenges and were able to be examples to those around them.


For good measure... I had to watch the marshmallow message about patience to cheer me up. Hope it makes you happy too! Here it is



No comments:

Post a Comment