Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Beautiful Life

I have a really good friend who once wrote to me about having a beautiful life. She made the comment that she thought that I would have one.

Sometimes I don't know where that life is. I want to find it so bad but some times it seems out of reach.

I've realized that I can't sit around waiting for it to happen. I have to make it happen. I have to create my beautiful life. What makes it beautiful is knowing what was ugly. What makes it sweet will come from having known the bitter. It's hard going through those moments. Hard and hurtful and everything imaginable... but necessary to create that beautiful life.

To me that seems a life filled with the Spirit and knowing that the path taken is the path acceptable to the Lord. It doesn't mean we have everything we could ever want. Not the best car or a house or money or a job. It comes from what we are making ourselves into. I truly believe that.

I know that my beautiful life will result in what I have become and one day all the trappings will melt away. All the awards I have won and the degrees or certificates won't mean a thing if I haven't become that beautiful person with a beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment