Thursday, September 27, 2012

Holding On

That's what we do... and sometimes that isn't a good thing.

Have you ever thought why we hold on to things that don't do us any good?

Like old notebooks. I tell myself that someday I might want to see those things but how many times have I actually done it? Zero. 

What about the past? Sometimes we hold onto things hoping that maybe just maybe it might come back. Oh, I think that we should hold on to good memories and relish in that fact that they happened. However, wishing so hard that it comes back and obsessing over it isn't healthy at all! I've gone over and over this. I finally realized that personally, I wasn't having hope. Hope for things to come and promises to be kept. That's what keeps us moving forward instead of getting stuck in the rut of life, never moving forward.

I ran across this scripture in my study that reminded me that no matter what has happened, there is something to look forward to. 

But, behold, the righteous, the saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever.

2 Nephi 9:18

I hope to always see the bright shining future that waits for me if I keep going on through the good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment