Friday, July 23, 2010

Doubt Not, Fear Not

So I've kind of been freaking out about my mission call. What if I have to learn a crazy language? What if I speak English? What if I'm the worst missionary ever? Or lastly, what if this is a big mistake? What if... what if... what if... fill in the blank.

While waiting to do baptisms at the temple, it just hit me. Come on Kyrie! Remember? How could I have forgotten my favorite scripture? Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."

"It may not be on a mountain top or over a stormy sea, it may not be at the battles front my Lord will have need of me." He knows where I need to be.

I'm so excited to see where I am assigned to serve, for I know I will love those people, no matter where they are. I will first and foremost be called as a MISSIONARY. And while it's exciting to see where I will serve, NOTHING beats the privilege of being an instrument in the Lord's hands.

Doubt not, fear not. It's in the Lord's hands now.

5 comments:

  1. I love you, my Kyrie. And, just for the record, you will be one of the best missionaries EVER. Love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH Kyrs I am SO EXCITED for you! You have no need to worry you will be an amazing missionary and you will be able to do whatever the Lord asks of you! Can't wait to hear where you're going! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are going somewhere close so I can come visit you...yeah I am kind of selfish. Get over it! ;) I LOVE YOU, and those people could not have asked for a better missionary to serve in their area!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote. It's in my patriarchal blessing.

    You're going to be a great missionary!!!

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete