Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Of Kites and Things

Wow. Something seems to be getting in the way of me flying a kite (and don't say it's me!). Okay, okay. Yes, it is me. I just can't seem to do it! I get so frustrated! My hair gets in my eyes because of the blasted wind and the string gets tangled and then the dog runs and bites the tail of the kite! Seriously, I struggle. Here is what I've come up with while failing to fly a kite.

You need wind. Not too little, not too much (yeah, did you know it could be too windy to fly a kite?). The kite can't go anywhere if it doesn't have something pushing against it.

A friend is always nice to have. It's hard trying to run and hold a string tight while waiting to see if the wind is picking up. A friend will give you encouragement when you want to kick the kite and will make a joke when you just want to cry.

Sometimes you aren't the one who can make it fly. I was in the middle of wanting to kick the kite when the dog came and grabbed the string. I started yelling at him but as I followed the string upwards, I saw the kite flying in the sky! The dog got it to stay longer in the sky then I could!

When the kite actually does fly, it's the best feeling in the world. Things are working out just right and everything is just nice. Not that it didn't take a lot of effort to get up there... it takes a lot of effort (for me) and it's something you have to work at.

Now, what did I learn from this?
1- Kite flying is HARD
2- Everything in life has to have something pushing against it... at least I think those things are the most worth it
3- Friends are invaluable seeing that they can encourage the lost, lonely, and DISTRESSED
4- Sometimes things aren't in our hands. We need to turn to the Lord and give Him the string so He can make it fly.
5- Enjoy when things are going well. Think of all the trials and hardships that got you there and be grateful for THOSE things. It made you appreciate what you have all the more.

1 comment:

  1. Kyrie, I'm probably your blog's biggest stalker-fan, but seriously, I love you. I miss you greatly, and we should talk soon. Your posts never fail to make me smile and remember why life is lovely. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete