Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Know In My Heart

Today was so amazing! I went temple hopping with a few of my friends. We started early in the morning at Draper, went to Oquirrh Mountain, then headed up to Salt Lake.

We ate lunch at Temple Square and then went and saw the new scale model of the temple in the South Visitor's Center. It was awesome, you can learn more about it here http://www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/scaled-model-provides-salt-lake-temple-open-house-experience.

Then we went to the Joseph Smith Movie. I always feel so good after seeing it. Two phrases stuck with me, one was, "We endure by trusting in God and moving on." The other was, "We don't have to meet him to know he's a prophet."

I felt so uplifted after the movie was over and I was so excited to do baptisms in The Salt Lake Temple. I had never been there before but someone had once shown me where the entrance was. We went to the door and it was shut tight. As I stood there unsure what to do next, my eyes suddenly found a doorbell. A voice told us to come in and we walked down a hall. I thought it was strange that there seemed to be sentinels around every corner; I forgot about it then and got changed.

After we got ready, one of the workers told us to hurry across the hall where a big group of people stood in a semi-circle. We stood there and I heard whispers that the Prophet was coming down to the Baptistry. My heart started burning within me. One of the workers then asked that everyone continue in what they were doing.

We went to sit by the confirmation rooms and went straight in. As I was getting confirmed, my heart felt like it was on fire. We heard a voice in the hall and a roar of laughter. By the time we got out of the room, President Monson was gone.

While I was in the room I prayed that we would be able to see him. How cool would that be? However, the thought came to me that I already knew he was a prophet of God and what was most important thing was the work I was doing. It paralleled what had stood out to me in the movie. I didn't have to meet him to know he was a prophet of God.

Yes. It would have been an amazing experience to see the prophet in the temple. However, I wondered why things like that happen. My conclusion was that we have these experiences to make us realize that we don't need a sign to believe. We have had a witness in our hearts already. In a roundabout way, it showed me what my heart already knew.

1 comment:

  1. that's so cool kyrie! did i ever tell you about when he came to the mtc for the mps?
    but yeah, it's like in "the santa clause" : "seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing." you don't have to personally meet someone to know that they are a prophet of God.
    i'm jealous that you got to go do baptisms in the salt lake temple! i've never been inside.

    ReplyDelete